You have told us you want and need a valid and shared set of terminologies, standards, and methodologies for fundraising benchmarks, KPIs and metrics.
- A comprehensive set of measures in all critical areas of Individual Giving.
- Insight into all individual giving categories and channels including Major Gifts, Gifts in Wills, Digital Fundraising, and Events
- A deep dive on Regular Giving including costs and supplier metrics
- A top-level overview of Trusts, Foundations and Corporates
In 2023 we analysed data from 51 top fundraising charities with Individual Giving income exceeding $1.4 billion, including:
- $458m in Regular Giving
- $90m in Child Sponsorships
- More than $222m in Single Gifts
- $209m in Gifts in Wills
- $140m in Events
- $57m in Emergencies
- $178m in Trusts, Foundations and Corporates
During my time in fundraising I've learned that running a team or a channel without the right data is like driving blindfolded.
Sadly, I've seen it far too often.
The Benchmarking Project aims to collaborate with our charity partners to analyse the right data to better manage our campaigns."